Seabee Gold Operation
High Grade Underground Mines
The Seabee Gold Operation is located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. SSR Mining acquired the Seabee Gold Operation on May 31, 2016 as a result of our acquisition of Claude Resources Inc.
The Seabee Gold Operation consists of two underground gold mines, the Santoy mine and the Seabee mine. The Santoy mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee mine commenced in 1991. Ore from both mines is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991 and has current processing capacity of 900 tonnes per day. The Seabee mill facility produces doré bars that are shipped to a third party refinery. Access to the mine site is by fixed wing aircraft from La Ronge, Saskatchewan or Flin Flon, Manitoba to a 1,275-meter airstrip located on the property. Equipment and large supplies are transported to the site via a 60 kilometer winter road, which is typically in use from January through March.
Highlights of the Seabee Gold Operation include:
- Mineral Reserves: Proven and Probable Mineral Reserves of 360,000 ounces of gold at an average grade of 8.19 g/t as at December 31, 2016.
- Potential for mine life extension: Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources of 570,000 ounces of gold at an average grade of 7.99 g/t. Inferred Mineral Resources of 640,000 ounces of gold at a grade of 7.74 g/t. Mineral Resources are as at December 31, 2016.
- Delivered record gold production: Produced a record 77,640 ounces of gold in 2016.
- 2017 Production guidance: Anticipated production of between 72,000 and 82,000 ounces of gold.
- Exploration potential: Over 23,000 hectares of an underexplored, prospective greenstone belt land position. Exploration activities in 2017 are focused on several near mine targets, the conversion of Mineral Resources to Mineral Reserves and exploration at the contiguous Fisher property, where SSR Mining holds an option. The Fisher property consists of over 34,000 hectares and doubles the prospective land position at the Seabee Gold Operation.
For historical information on the Seabee Gold Operation and Claude Resources, please visit http://www.sedar.com.
Cameron Chapman, P.Eng., our General Manager at the Seabee Gold Operation, and Jeffrey Kulas, P.Geo., our Manager Geology, Mining Operations at the Seabee Gold Operation, each of whom is a Qualified Person, have reviewed and approved the foregoing disclosure on the Seabee Gold Operation. Please refer to the technical report entitled "Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve Estimate Seabee Gold Operation Saskatchewan, Canada" dated December 23, 2013 and available under Claude Resources’ profile on www.sedar.com.
Mineral Resources are reported inclusive of Mineral Reserves. Please refer to our Mineral Reserves and Resources Table.
This page contains forward-looking statements. Please see the following link: Legal.