Track Record of Growth and Performance
Marigold is located in Humboldt and Lander County, Nevada, United States on the Battle Mountain-Eureka trend. SSR Mining completed the acquisition of Marigold on April 4, 2014 and published an updated technical report in July 2018.
In production since 1989, Marigold is a large run-of-mine heap leach operation with several open pits, waste rock stockpiles, leach pads, a carbon absorption facility, and a carbon processing and gold refining facility. Currently the mine utilizes a fleet of 290-tonne haul trucks and three loading units. Based on the Marigold updated life of mine plan announced on June 18, 2018, for the period to 2027, the mine is expected to produce on average approximately 211,000 ounces of gold per year. The gold doré bars produced at the mine are shipped to a third party refinery.
Highlights of Marigold include:
- Mineral Reserves: Probable Mineral Reserves of 3.6 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 0.49 g/t and 0.3 million ounces of gold in leach pad inventory, as at December 31, 2019.
- Potential for mine life extension: Indicated Mineral Resources of 4.7 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 0.48 g/t and 0.3 million ounces of gold in leach pad inventory. Inferred Mineral Resources of 0.2 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 0.35 g/t. Mineral Resources are as at December 31, 2019. Mineral Resources are inclusive of Mineral Reserves.
- Delivered strong annual gold production: Produced 220,227 ounces of gold in 2019.
- Marigold operating outlook: Updated life of mine plan for Marigold forecasts average annual production of approximately 236,000 ounces per year to 2023, with peak production over 265,000 ounces of gold in 2021 and 2022, a 30% increase over 2018. Refer to news release dated June 18, 2018.
- Mine-life extension through exploration: Exploration in 2020 will focus on reverse circulation drilling at Marigold and Trenton Canyon targeting near-surface Mineral Resources, and diamond drilling targeting high-grade sulfides at Trenton Canyon.
Greg Gibson, SME Registered Member and our General Manager at Marigold, and James N. Carver, SME Registered Member and our Chief Geologist at Marigold, each of whom is a qualified person, have reviewed and approved the foregoing disclosure on Marigold. Please refer to the technical report entitled "NI 43-101 Technical Report on Marigold, Humboldt County, Nevada, USA" dated July 31, 2018 with an effective date of December 31, 2017, a link to which is provided below. Please also refer to our news release outlining the updated life of mine plan for Marigold, dated June 18, 2018.
Mineral Resources are reported inclusive of Mineral Reserves. Please refer to our Mineral Reserves and Resources Table.
This page contains forward-looking statements. Please see the following link: Legal.